Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Acrylic cows....again and more please

So now that I have a found a more decent way to take photos of my work, I would like to share how I achieved the results I did (photographing).  Here are a few pointers: First off, I find that natural light is the best, and will achieve the truest colors possible.  I opened my blinds and have the paintings leaning against something, facing the window.  You definitely don't want it in direct sunlight!  Now, I also noticed that if you get the camera too close, and use the flash, you're going to get a terrible glare right in the middle.  The key thing is to get the photo as close to the original colors as possible which might mean changing the brightness, contrast, or saturation just a bit afterwards.


The following 2 paintings were completed within a few days of each other, and on both I used just one brush.  I had found a very interesting article that contained tips from professional painters that said it could be a good idea to use one brush in order to get to know exactly what can and can't be done with it.  It's also easy to start developing different styles when you're limited in the tools you're using.




"A Red Cow Gathering"
Acrylic on canvas
11"x14"

 "A Red Cow Gathering" was completed using a dabbing effect throughout.  I changed the ground about 5 times because I couldn't seem to get the perspective right; to make it look like it was one, continuing under the fence, or two, receding into the background.  Eventually I worked it out:)

"A Cool Sip"
Acrylic on canvas
11"x14"

Later today I'm going to talk about my experience with painting fur, and show you one of the first dogs I've ever painted!  I'll also show some of my painting processes, like the early stages of the painting:)

See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment