Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

New Horned something or other... Art

Before I start....ehem...Everyone should take notice of the beautiful and fantabulous Facebook like box I have added (and all by myself, too!) to the blog.  


Moving on...ehehe


This little painting / illustration is part 1 of a series of 4. All of the paintings will be owls with horns (I need a pair of horns for myself, obviously) yet have a more natural appearance about them.  This one is pretty small...about 4.5" x 6" (hope that's accurate).  Yesterday was supposed to be the official finish-it-up-and-show-the-world day for this illustration, so this morning I determined that is was the pure lack of a schedule to blame, or maybe laziness and Sunday blues were the raisons d'ĂȘtre for not uploading. Oh well...I suppose it's better late than never.


Anyway, here it is, the horned owl painting number 1.  I started with a rough sketch, then painted in the watercolor (no acrylic this time) and later inked in all of the details.  For some reason it's lookin' like a large piece of art...maybe I should have put a Swiss army knife next to it??


Enjoy:)






No comments:

Post a Comment