Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More Fantasy for You

As I said on the video, I was inspired by a pretty awesome caterpillar that, as it turns out, could have turned up in my backyard a few years ago O.O.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind bugs (well junebugs are just plain scary...so maybe I'll paint some as therapy) but something about this caterpillar that looked like a stand-in for one of the grub bugs about to be eaten by Pumbaa, just screamed poisonous....hence my apprehension at wanting to pick it up, as the kid in the photo did.  Well, anyway, this illustration was done in watercolor mixed with acrylic, and finished up with ink.  On the video I hadn't quite finished it, but didn't feel like waiting around to ponder its creative shortcomings and just uploaded it.

So, here is the absolutely finished piece.  I actually really like how it turned out, so what do you guys think?







No comments:

Post a Comment